Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Moment When I Knew God

I grew up in an environment where there is no love, no peace, and no unity. I never called it home. It was a place where the usual scenarios were always arguments. Back when I was eight, I remembered my dad hurting my mom. I always see my mom crying, and alone. Seeing my mom cry, is the thing I hated the most. I wanted to protect her but I cannot. Besides, I am just a little girl. What can I do? 

I grew with a cold-heart. People always think that I don't care. Even when I see my mom hurt. I never did anything but to lock in my own room. Every time she asks me for my help, all I did was to scold her. But the truth is, I was breaking inside and I don't want her to see that, so I stay away. Because of this, I become used to it. I become used to staying away from people for them not to see what's really inside me, and as long as I can avoid, I never let myself to be close with anyone because I'm afraid they might hurt me like what my dad did to my mom. I am afraid of being rejected.

As years pass by, I realized, there isn't something worth living for. Like not living for a purpose. I returned to God, and asked Him to strengthen me, and to give me faith like what Abraham, Moses, and David has. Then after praying, I opened a book called "Our Daily Bread". That moment when I opened a random page on that book, it was the first time I felt and knew that God heard and answered my prayers. All the things I should do to strengthen my faith and to have a faith like Abraham's, Moses', and David's were all in there. Honestly, I can’t believe it. It was like a matter of seconds when God answered my prayers. I can't do anything but to shed tears. I was tearing with joy.

The day after that, I promised to God to have a daily devotion every night. And to always pray to Him every night. I even go to the church every Sunday with the whole family, and listens to what the Pastor will say to feed us spiritually. It was a couple of weeks then, when I realized, we've changed a lot. Individually, the atmosphere of the house, how we treat each others, I even see my mom and dad happily loving each other like sweet young couples. Finally, I can feel love and peace. And it was all because we accepted God and Jesus wholeheartedly. And Jesus is Peace and God is love. So They are the reason why we feel love and peace now. 


Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, thank You for everything. Thank You for opening my heart to let You come in. Thank You for changing us for the better. And I am very willing to serve you. I am very willing to be an instrument to spread Your words with other people. Thank You for your grace and mercy. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for bringing us the light and putting us on the right path. I love you.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. oh, btw how do you make people be a member of ypur blog?

      Delete
  2. This is inspiring and I am glad you invited me to join this blog! I am happy to join and I understand the pain and wanting do die

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for spending some time reading my blog. Yeah but with those pain and sufferings we have, it teaches us to turn to God. :)

      Delete
  3. now q lng nlaman ung ganyang side ng story ng family nyo super nkrelate aq at nainspired aq.

    keep holding chezcka
    GOD bless you and your whole family..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great testimony. God's love is the greatest indeed!

    Thanks so much for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so inspiring to hear your story of how your seek and finding the Lord and letting Him into your heart and life has changed everything, from purposeless to purposeful, from chaos to peace, from lost to love. God bless you Chezka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, only God can put all the burdens away. God bless you too!

      Delete
  6. AMEN! I Bless God for your testimony of personal encounter with Christ. He is the God who heals. He heals all wounds. When our relationship with Him gets right, our relationship with others falls in place. Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great testimony ^^.. tunay nga na walang matigas na puso sa mainit na pagmamahal ng Diyos.. ^^ The love of God is so powerful... whatever that is impossible to man.. it is possible to God

    ReplyDelete